The sorry state of affairs in the American medicare industry reflects the inability of many Americans to afford quality healthcare. Many can’t afford medical billing despite having insurance. The Obamacare premiums are making it difficult for them to continue with the payments.
Can’t Afford To Go To the Doctor – HealthPocket
A recent survey by HealthPocket revealed the difficulties that many Americans face. The Affordable Care Act is reducing people’s ability to afford health insurance. They have so many other expenses that they can’t afford take out money for health insurance.
The survey results show that a lot of Americans can only afford $100.
Here are the results.
- Around 52.5% say that they can only afford $100 or more.
- Only 15.95% can afford $200 each month.
- The number of Americans drops 11.6% who can pay $300 each month.
- The percentage further reduces to 5.5% for $400 health insurance deductible assistance.
- Only 4.8% say they can set aside $500 each month.
- Only one out of ten Americans, or 9.8% say that they can give away $500 a month for health insurance.